Last Updated Date: January 1, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies or can be used to identify you as an individual. We generally collect information in the following ways when you access or interact with the Services:
- Information You Provide. We access and collect information that you voluntarily give us via the Services, including email or other direct contact information. For example, you may provide your name and professional business contact information (such as your organization’s name, job title or business email address or phone number) when you contact us using the contact form on the Site or by phone or email. If you are a registered end user of the Services (“End User”), we may also collect your username, password and other information necessary to set up your account.
- Information Collected Automatically. We may also automatically collect certain information when you access the Site or Apps using tools such as pixels or “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file stored on your hard browser if you visit the Site. We use pixels and cookies to collect information such as your IP address, device ID, browser type, pages you visit on the Site and duration on those pages, and similar information related to your interaction with the Site, to help us improve your access to the Site and identify repeat visitors to the Site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience and operation of the Site. This information typically remains in aggregate form and does not identify you individually but if it does, we will treat the information as personal information. You can adjust your browser settings to disable or reject cookies but if you disable all cookies, you may be unable to access all functionality of the Site. We do not permit third parties to track your online activities over time and across other websites based on your use of the Site.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information for our business and commercial purposes, to provide our services and products, to respond to your questions or requests, to address any other reason you contacted us or to otherwise communicate with you. We may also use your information to:
- Enhance our products and services and related data analytics
- Detect and prevent fraud and maintain the security of the Services
- Comply with our legal obligations and protect our legal rights or the health and safety of you or the others
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Service providers engaged to provide services to support our operations and other business and commercial purposes such as support services. Our service providers are contractually required to protect your information and only use your information to provide services to us.
- Your healthcare provider if you are a patient End User and have registered for the Services made available to you by your provider.
- A successor entity in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate changes to DocsInk.
- Other third parties as necessary to protect our legal interests or property, to comply with applicable laws and regulations or other legal requirements, or to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We maintain safeguards and controls designed to help protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, the security of information transmitted over the Internet is never 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit across the Internet.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. The Site does not currently respond to browser-based “Do Not Track” signals.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may provide links on the Site to third-party websites we think may be of interest to you, including links to social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Please be aware that these websites are independent from DocsInk, and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites or platforms. When you click on links on the Site that take you to a third-party website, you will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. Therefore, we encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Site and to read the privacy policies of any other website you visit.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on the Site, we will remove that information as soon as possible.